Open Until Filled
|Responsible for the preparation of required baked goods, desserts, and confections are prepared in accordance with property specifications and standards.|
|QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)|
· High School diploma or GED, or enrolled in equivalency program.
· Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively
· To have an open mind to be trained to assist and prepare all baked goods, desserts and confections from the start of the recipe to garnishing the finished product. You will aslo be instructed how to use the following Kitchen equipment: Steam table, proofer,robot coupe, Ovens, Top Burners, Slicer, Steamer, and Knives and blow torch.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Must be willing to sign apprentice agreement with the QBRC.
|· State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of state-certified proper food handling certification. ServSafe® certification is a plus. Must have a valid food handler’s card|
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|· Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Casino operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino operations. Develop solutions for customer concerns and continual focus on customer service as our top priority.
· Assist and prepare in the portioning and garnishment of all baked goods, desserts, and confections.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and recipes.
· Ensure all specs in all recipes and food distributions are met.
· Maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times.
· Has knowledge of all state health department regulations and ensures all conditions and standards are met.
· Ensure smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis.
· Adhere to all QBRC Personnel Policies and Procedures, Title 97 Policy, and HR Standard Operating Procedures.
· The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|· While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
· Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times (up to 5 hours).
· Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
· Must possess the ability to access all areas of the kitchen, the ability to move frequently & freely about facility. Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs. without restriction.
|ACCESS TO SENISTIVE AREAS|
|· Must be able to work in a smoking environment
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Should an applicant or employee request special consideration for any particular reason, such as reasonable accommodation for a disability, the Supervisor or Manager should contact the Human Resources Director. At this time, the Supervisor or Manager should be able to describe, in detail, to the Human Resources Director, the Essential Functions of the job involved in the request.
Job functions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate management changes and requests. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment relationship and one of primary functional expectations.