|The Executive Director of Human Resources is the CEO’s primary counselor on all employment, staffing, compensation, due diligence-employment law-policy and procedures, and organizational development & training processes. The Executive Director of Human Resources will advise and guide the processes associated with inter and intra departmental relationships advocating organizational communication and cooperation and seek to positively affect the success of the enterprise through progressive application of the human factor.|
· BA/BS Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or closely related.
· Ten years progressive work experience multiple disciplines in Human Resources (Compensation/Recruiting-Employment/Training and Development/Benefits).
· Five to eight years’ experience in Human Resources with the casino or hospitality industry.
· Three plus years’ experience in Training and Development design, presentation and adult learning.
· Must be able to travel to multiple properties.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, Visio and HRIS
· See Essential Job Functions.
· Master’s Degree and ten years of Director or Executive level Human Resources experience.
· Working in a diverse workforce environment
· Native American preference
· Operational Knowledge and understanding of business practices in a casino environment
· PHR or SPHR Certification
|· Class III Gaming License (Quinault and Washington State)
· Washington State Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment.
· Meet QBRC Driver’s insurance requirements.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|· Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Casino operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino operations. Develop solutions for customer concerns and continual focus on customer service as our top priority.
· Advise and counsel the QBRC CEO, QNEB CEO and QNEB Board on strategic initiatives and organizational planning and development.
· Work with TERO, TANF and other tribal entities on initiatives to improve the quality of career development and training for youth and other tribal members entering the workforce.
· Mentor and counsel employees in leadership positions, particularly Quinault tribal members, to help ensure their success and alignment with organizational values and initiatives.
· Develop a strategic plan for all Human Resources functions, including recruitment and employment, compensation and benefits, personnel records, information systems, training and development and performance development and evaluation programs.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan for the employment, training, and performance evaluation of members of the Quinault Nation, other Native Americans and other team members. This is done following the Quinault Indian Nation Title 97, Tribal Employment Rights.
· Participate in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
· Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans with a specific focus on training interventions and implementation that enhances organizational results.
· Coach and mentor high potential team members in strategic planning, critical thinking and proactive people solutions.
· Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
· Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
|· Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees. Develop programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
· Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs and training interventions for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the gaming industry.
· Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
· Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
· Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
· Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
· Coordinate the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other HR departments throughout the organization.
· Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
· Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health and community relations.
· Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
· Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
· Evaluation of the human resource division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals. (Especially as related to Title 97)
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by conducting research; attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
· Contribute to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
· Adhere to regulatory, department and company policy in an ethical manner.
· The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.|
|ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS:|
|Human Resources Offices, Main Administrative Office, Main Marketing Office.|
Note: The list of duties and responsibilities, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise the position description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the position change.
Should an applicant or employee request special consideration for any particular reason, such as reasonable accommodation for a disability, the Supervisor or Manager should contact the Human Resources Director. At this time, the Supervisor or Manager should be able to describe, in detail, to the Human Resources Director, the Essential Functions of the job involved in the request.
Job functions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate management changes and requests. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment relationship and one of primary functional expectations.