|The Marketing Manager assists the Marketing Director with planning, directing, and coordinating the marketing department’s promotional campaigns, special events, player’s club services, and entertainment. This position is responsible for assisting the department Director in strategically developing marketing and property vision and direction. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring all casino marketing department activities and budgets, as well as working closely with vendors/agencies.|
|QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)|
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university.
· Three (3) years progressively challenging casino marketing experience in a managerial role.
· Three (3) years of budget experience.
· Three (3) years of compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and internal control requirements.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point).
· Must be proficient and capable of developing reports and presentations.
· Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
· Proven managerial and critical thinking skills.
· Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
· Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
· Effective workforce management experience including efficient scheduling based on guest traffic patterns and overtime within property guidelines.
· Must be proficient in Casino Management and Player Tracking Systems such as CMS/SDS/Opera/Megasys/Micros.
· Database marketing and marketing analytics.
· Events or promotional campaign planning experience.
· Track record of managing, developing, and improving a player loyalty and reinvestment program.
|· Washington State Gaming and Tribal Gaming License required.(Class III).
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License with good driving record for company insurance.
· Meet QBRC Driver’s insurance requirements.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|· Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Casino operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino operations. Develop solutions for customer concerns and continual focus on customer service as our top priority.
· Assist with the development and implementation of short and long term strategic marketing plans involving events, tournaments, promotions and reinvestment strategies.
· Oversee the department budget, reports, employees, schedules of the employees and marketing strategies.
· Supervise the Player Development Manager, Special Events Manager and Digital Marketing Manager including coaching and mentoring them in performance and best practices to carry out the initiatives established by the Marketing Director, conducting performance evaluations, monitoring schedules and attendance and conducting disciplinary actions, as needed.
· Interview, hire, schedule, develop, train, discipline, counsel, and evaluate subordinate team members.
· Build an effective team and lead by example.
· Direct the development and growth of the player’s club.
· Assist with developing proforma and postformas.
· Maintain and report quarterly review of regulations and budgetary compliance.
· Coordinate with various departments and agencies, including Security, F&B, and Hotel, regarding special events, tournaments, staffing needs, and hotel room needs, and regarding anticipated attendance for supplies and manpower needs.Conduct regular training of staff with an emphasis on developing Quinault nation members.
· Assist in preparing the annual marketing plan and budget that will help maintain and grow a strong local base of customers along with cultivating outer market and new customers aligned with business objectives.
· Assist Marketing Director in the development of marketing plans and strategies to increase revenue opportunities.
· Maintain involvement with tribes, the local community, and professional organizations.
· Conduct a review and analysis of each promotion and special event, reporting the impact and effectiveness of the marketing program’s (ROI).
· Provide an exception model and methodology for resort and casino guest service standards of excellence.
· Adhere to all QBRC Personnel Policies, Title 97, TERO Policies and Procedures, Department Standard Operating Procedures, Internal Controls Policies, Washington State Compact, Title 70, Bank Secrecy Act, Internal Policy.
· Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
· Must be able to de-escalate guest service issues and have the ability to act and react in the best interest of QBRC while maintaining a professional image.
· The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to understand and analyze Budget & P&L Statements.
· Ability to develop a comprehensive Marketing Plan.
· Ability to measure goals and objectives as defined on annual Performance appraisal.
· Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions when required.
· Ability to develop a team to include completion of all required training and knowledge of all policies and procedures relating to their positions.
· Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
· Experience with ad campaigns including media experience in graphics designs
· Knowledge of the casino entertainment industry.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
· Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
|ACCESS TO SENISTIVE AREAS|
|· Marketing data base
|· To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk work station for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment.
The list of duties and responsibilities, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise the position description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the position change.
Should an applicant or employee request special consideration for any particular reason, such as reasonable accommodation for a disability, the Supervisor or Manager should contact the Human Resources Director. At this time, the Supervisor or Manager should be able to describe, in detail, to the Human Resources Director, the Essential Functions of the job involved in the request.
Job functions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate management changes and requests. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment relationship and one of primary functional expectations.