Open Until Filled
|· Responsible for assisting chefs, cooks, and banquets in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, soups, dressings, following recipes for daily production of prep work, also responsible for putting away order and groceries according to kitchen standards and policies.|
|QUALIFICATIONS: (Include equipment knowledge/use)|
· (1) year of experience working as a prep cook in a high volume kitchen
· Years of experience working as a prep cook in high volume kitchen
|· State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of state-certified proper food handling certification. ServSafe® certification is a plus. Must have a valid food handler’s card|
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
|· Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Casino operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino operations. Develop solutions for customer concerns and continual focus on customer service as our top priority.
· Prep items (i.e. salads, dressings, )
· Learn to make stock
· Learn meat fabrication (i.e. trim, and portion control)
· Prepare garnishes
· Knowledgeable about all menu items and product
· Safely operates all machinery and tools (i.e. slicer, knives)
· Rotate and change inserts
· Date and label each and every item
· Clean all stand up coolers and coolers on line
· Clean and organize the walk-in cooler and freezer
· Help in the clean up of dishwashing area when required
· Maintains and wears uniform correctly and maintains a well groomed appearance
· Adhere to all QBRC Personnel Policies and Procedures, Title 97 Policy, and HR Standard Operating Procedures.
· The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
|PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)|
|While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
|ACCESS TO SENISTIVE AREAS|
|· Must be able to work in a smoking environment
Note: The list of duties and responsibilities, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise the position description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the position change.
Should an applicant or employee request special consideration for any particular reason, such as reasonable accommodation for a disability, the Supervisor or Manager should contact the Human Resources Director. At this time, the Supervisor or Manager should be able to describe, in detail, to the Human Resources Director, the Essential Functions of the job involved in the request.
Job functions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate management changes and requests. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment relationship and one of primary functional expectations.